The Blue Water Sports Club in Glen Ivy, California is a one-story, steel-framed structure with a running track over the pool area. The steel beams spanning over the pool are tapered at the ends and are exposed at the eve. Much of the steel elements are exposed, including a horizontal steel beam in the middle of the window wall at the pool. Proprietary special moment frame connections allowed the use of deeper and lighter column beam sections.
The sports club provides wellness to a 1,200-home resort community, while taking into account the area’s natural features. Located on the border of the Cleveland National Forest amid citrus groves, the club offers exceptional views of the Anderson Canyon.
- 2010 Outstanding historical renovation ASCE region 9
- 2009 Best renovation/restoration California construction
- 2009 ASCE outstanding project of the year award for structural project
- 2009 Design honor award, AIA CV
- Best projects of 2009 award, mcgraw hill
- 2009 Transit oriented development of the year, Sacramento regional transit
- 2009 J. Timothy Anderson Award for excellence in historic presevation, best historic rehabilitation, national housing & rehabilitation association
- 2009 Showcase Project for Sacramento area youth sustainability council, local government commission
- 2008 Redevelopment Excellence, national association of local housing